Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Eight is Great!

Wow, I can't believe you're 8, Jadyn. It really seems like just the other day, I was being introduced to you on your little trike in your x-large boys clothes that Daddy had you wearing. You were just turning 2. We took you to the zoo and out to pizza. You held my hand and marched all over the place, babbling and happy as a clam.

You have grown up so much and turned into such a one-of-a-kind little woman. You are always helpful to everyone.. in fact, your principal told me you're one of the most helpful students at your school. We are so proud of your hard work. You have such a easy-going spirit and are always game to try new things, new food, travel new places and meet new people, and you especially love new outdoor activities and sports. You have always been a water baby, and thank god you've learned to swim and surf so well. We would all hold our breaths when you were a toddler and would barrel into the ocean or jump into a pool, fearless. I hope you can teach your brother all of your great athletic skills, as you have already been teaching him to be a great sibling by your example. Campbell is in awe of you and loves you so much. You are the coolest person in his world. He tries breaking into your room at all times, of course you know this by the graffiti he leaves you now that he knows where the crayons are. Thank you for your patience with him.

You have your own great style. Part tom-boy, part fashionista.. always adorable. I know I say that all the time. You still love skin-tight jeans and "teenager" shirts (which are mainly styles that involve a tank top under a knit scoop or v-neck shirt), vans and converse (and ugly poofy skate shoes that I try to hide) and plaid bermuda shorts. You only have about 3 dresses these days and it really takes some bribing for you to wear one. Short hair with a side clip is your standby.. you threaten that you'll grow it out until you realize that washing it takes longer and you get dreadlocks if you don't brush it at night.. and that leads to some major fighting in the mornings before school.

You didn't get into the Hanna Montana fever, High School Musical was more your deal... especially since basketball is the main attraction. You will kill me if I don't get you into basketball camp this summer.

I loved remembering all of the past birthdays with you, as we celebrated your eighth. You have so many more awesome times ahead of you and I hope you always see the world with infinite possibilites as you do right now. You know yourself and your limits and that is something you're really going to want to hold tightly onto. There is no such thing as can't. You are and will be a treasure to anyone whose life you touch.

I love this above picture. You made me order the "dome cake pan" from the infomercial for your 5th birthday and insisted on a baseball party (you had never really played the game) because the kids on the commercial were having such a great time with their baseball cake. Every year, it has turned into another 'ball' , according to your sport theme... Campbell is trying so hard to get in on the action here... you really wanted to wear a tiara and referred to it quite a few times throughout the night, as if to say, "ah-hem... note the crown, it's my birthday, I don't have to do anything!", Christina in the background after cooking you (and dad's) favorite turkey-loaf dinner.. I have the recipe, but you guys only like it when she makes it...you like all of her food, of course.. and Olivia.. who has been like your little sister since we moved here when you were 4. She was jumping up and down begging for a piece of cake from the moment you walked in the door. She idolizes you, too.

4 comments:

KBB said...

Totally teary-eyed and would have started crying had it not been for the fact that I'm at work reading the blog! I wish I could have been there for the great 8 party! Love love love you!

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday, Jadyn! We love you! Love, Barge, Mrs. Green and Baby Kate

jane (aka: jamie) said...

gawl dawrn...all teared up here! perfectly put, ldawg! 'q' is lucky to have such an amazing 'bibbif' (sp)

kjersey said...

happy sweet eight jbird!
love it. love you!
xoxo!
K & the jersey fam!