Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Follow up on the candy caper...

So, I did my due diligence and called Reeses. I figured we had gone this far, why drop the ball? It may have been a bad batch, after all. After getting through the extensive automated menu, (no, I do not want to plan an event at the Hershey's factory...nor do I want the nutritional information... unless it involves a sting operation of the people responsible for tampering with these damned peanut butter cups)I got a nice operator on the line. I proceeded to describe the situation, the smell and effect that the candy had.. blah blah.. she explains it so matter-of-factly, that the chocolate is very sensitive, and must have been SHELVED NEXT TO THE MEDICINE AND THE SMELL SEEPED IN ?????

"Well, how likely is that?", I ask. I mean, I've seen some bad merchandising at WalMart and stuff, but medicine with the candy? "Ok, well, let's have the batch number on the candy," she says...so I give her the codes and she says, "This just seems like it must be stale."

Ok, we're getting nowhere.. obviously, it doesn't enter this gal's mind to worry about other kids who might have eaten this candy or the fact that someone needs to get it back to Hersheys that the wrappers are extremely un-tamper-proof..but whatever... long story short, Heits are getting some coupons and free Reeses stuff. I'll be sure to taste test all of it, naturally.

No comments: