Wednesday, April 25, 2007

OH NO, the Big 3-0.



I woke up on the morning of 4/24 feeling like I have felt every birthday for as long as I can remember.. you know that feeling, like all day is going to be great, and it's better than Christmas, because it's personally, individually MINE!? well, yes.. still feel that way! And my cute family surprised me with tons of balloons that J. bird was DYING to get out of her closet.. and 'birdies in the nest' for breakfast, my fave. It is a little different than turning, .. oh, 12.. or even 25, let's say... um, I'm old.. it's the truth. But you know what? There is no shock or crisis.. I'm just 30. A real, official, grown up... let's just say,
"youth minded" grown up... doesn't that mean I can still shop at Forever 21 and read Teen Vogue? No. But, I'm in a great place. Where I'm meant to be.. I breathe a sigh of relief just thinking about it.. happily married, preggo, healthy, comfortable and smiling. awe.

After a long day at work, I drove home thinking we were going to dinner with the neighbors... just down the street at this little Italian restaurant, "real mellow" as Justin says.... His trick worked, as we (the neighbors and I) arrived at his office to pick him and Jbird up... only to find the entire studio filled with friends, decorations (way to splurge on the "good" confetti and matching naps, Babe!) Anyone that could come (on probably a 1 hour notice, knowing my spur of the moment hubby) was there.. including a set by Years Around the Sun... one day we'll be saying "we saw them when they were still playing small venues..like the upstairs art studio-slash-office type of things.." Christina made a delish lemon cake, and I raged with all the cranberry juice I could handle. Thank you to everyone!! it was an awesome birthday..










1 comment:

The Candias said...

Yahoo, you have a blog...way exciting!!

So sad to miss your 30th!! We'll celebrate when we return from Costa Rica!

Love and miss you-trish