How did it all fly by? Looking back on the first month of this school year, Jadyn seems so young.. Campbell was just born, everything is a crazy blur. We all really lucked out with such an awesome, caring teacher this year. Jadyn idolizes Miss Schindler and has learned so much... reading, writing, 'rithmatic... in addition to tons of cool artist appreciation projects she did with them, telling time, performing, watching butterflies grow from caterpillars...
As far as non academic growth this year... Jadyn has spent many afternoons feining injuries in the nurses's office, playing basketball with the Jr. High volunteers, making mini-pencils and not eating her home lunch.
On the way home from the last day celebration, I had Jadyn and Taylor in the car. I was eavesdropping on their "recap" from First grade.. reminiscing about the level they just barely missed in math, boys, trouble makers, etc... They then included me in the conversation when Jadyn says "I really want to take gymnastics again".. Taylor echoed her sentiments... and I said, "well, we just haven't had time and probably won't do it this summer.. but when you guys get to college you can do whatever classes you want" (way to give them goals, eh?)... so they got all excited. "YA, when we go to college, we're taking gymnastics for SURE" ..all I could think about was how obsessed Stef and I were when we were that age with Mary Lou Retton and gymnastics (that OUR mom didn't let us take).. and they say you turn into your mom... it's so true.
They asked me what classes I took in college. "Sewing, fashion, yoga, art... and some math, science and english... you can pretty much take classes in any subject you want in college. It's awesome"
"RAD!!" Jadyn says. "I'm taking fashion, 'LECTRIC guitar, and gymnastics"
What a renaissance woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment